Internal Audit departments engage and employ audit professionals who are responsible for reviewing and assessing enterprise management controls. Internal Auditors review and test the operational, IT, and security systems and processes with a goal of evaluating their internal controls. According to the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO), an enterprise unit or process has good internal controls if it:
1. Accomplishes its stated mission in an ethical manner;
2. Produces accurate and reliable data;
3. Complies with applicable laws and enterprise policies;
4. Provides for economical and efficient uses of its resources; and
5. Provides for appropriate safeguarding of assets.
Whether your internal audit function requires on-going augmentation, or the employment of IT specialists for a short-term assessment project, our audit specialists, some with over 20 years of experience, can add substantial value to your audit team’s work and deliver quality results (reports) for both your Senior Managers and/or your Board’s Audit Committee. Our audit specialists are experienced in performing IT audits of all organizations throughout the globe.